Features of Bulk Category Update for Magento:
- Ability to update category or categories for multiple products selected via Catalog -> Manage Products in Admin Panel
- The old categories of the products will be rewritten
- The old categories won’t be updated, if no new category or categories selected
Usage of Bulk Category Update for Magento:
- In Admin Panel open Catalog -> Manage Products
- With the checkboxes in the very left column select the products you would like to update or Select All
- In the top right of the table, there is an “Actions” selector, select “Update attributes” there and “Submit”
- On the left side select “Categories” tab. Then select the desired category or categories and “Save”
- Thats it. Thanks.
INSTALLATION of Bulk Category Update for Magento
1. Copy the “app” folder to the root directory of Magento store.
2. Completely clear the site cache.
Go to System > Cache Management. Click button Flush Magento Cache. If you want to clear the cache manually, you need to remove the contens of the folder /var/cache on the server.